Protein Biomarkers – Discovery, Assay Development and Testing
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
NextGen Sciences is a dedicated partner for companies focused on developing human and animal biomarkers and therapeutics. With a worldwide reach, we work with in excess of 200 companies and academic institutions.
NextGen Sciences has been providing protein analytical services to the market for nine years and we utilise that fundamental expertise to provide a superior and comprehensive biomarker service. Our key service areas are biomarker discovery, biomarker assay development, validation, and biomarker testing.
Biomarker discovery is the discovery of new protein biomarkers from biological samples.
Our biomarker discovery services:
- Sample types – human and animal biofluids, tissues and primary cells, cell lines and cell-based model systems, FFPE, and plant samples
- Discovery platforms – mass spectrometry-based; GeLC-MS and differential mass spectrometry, multiplex labelled techniques (SILAC) and 2D gel electrophoresis
- Data analysis – performance evaluation, statistical analysis, and multi-variant analysis and visualisation (PCA and hierarchical clustering)
Biomarker assay development and validation
Biomarker assay development and validation is the development of assays that enable the quantitation of proteins in biological samples.
Our biomarker assay development and validation capabilities:
- Development platform – MRM protein assay (LC-MRM/MS)
- Speed – considerably faster to develop than immunoassays
- Multiplex – up to 30 proteins in a single assay
- Quantitation – relative or absolute validated assay
- Specificity – for targeted protein(s) including post-translational modifications and isoforms
- Cross species – enables development of a single assay for multiple species
Biomarker testing is the testing of biological samples to monitor proteins using the assays developed.
Our biomarker testing services:
- Testing platform – MRM protein assay (LC-MRM/MS)
- Scale – sample sets in quantities to the 1,000s
- Validation – take biomarkers all the way through to clinical validation
Protein discovery services - mapping protein complexes from immunoprecipitation experiments
Immunoprecipitation (IP) of intact protein complexes involves employing an antibody that targets a known protein member of a larger complex of proteins. By targeting this known member it is possible to pull the entire protein complex out of solution and thereby identify unknown members. Similarly, the use of tagged proteins (e.g tandem affinity purification [TAP], FLAG-tag) can be employed to achieve the same objective. The task for researchers is to then identify the proteins that are pulled down.
NextGen Sciences uses an optimised procedure to identify the maximum number of proteins.
Protein discovery services – mapping and comparing the proteome of cell lines
NextGen Sciences uses an optimised procedure to provide unsurpassed protein identification from complex mixtures.
Regularly in excess of 3,000 proteins will be identified from a cell line with relative quantitation data. This enables cell lines to be compared to determine the relative up or down regulation for observed proteins of interest.
Biomarker project management
Your assigned project director will be your single point of contact for your study. Regular project updates ensure you know exactly how your project is progressing and that you achieve your objectives. We offer flexibility in report requirements and delivery.
Building 56 Alconbury North Airfield
Contact: Ms Christine Verellen
001 248 973 7914 ext 214
Biomarker assay development