MERICON Research and Development Services for Clinical Studies and Regulatory Affairs
MERICON, established in 1990, offers assistance within research and development to clinical studies and regulatory affairs.
All of MERICON’s scientific staff are educated at Norwegian universities. We have experience in research and lecturing from universities in Norway and abroad. We have several years of experience from research and development within chemical and pharmaceutical industries. In addition, we have experience in consulting for governmental authorities.
Services for pharmaceutical research and development and governmental health authorities
MERICON offers services to the pharmaceutical industry, governmental authorities and universities.
Within pharmaceutical research and development, we are specialised in registration and clinical testing of new medicinal products with respect to efficacy and safety. We prepare registration documentation and planning, monitoring and reporting of clinical studies.
For governmental health and environmental authorities we give assistance with evaluation and reviewing of documentation.
We lecture at universities and give courses and seminars within our disciplines.
Regulatory affairs management for the pharmaceutical industry
MERICON has many years’ experience in assisting pharmaceutical industry in regulatory affairs management. We can offer assistance at all levels of regulatory affairs management.
Regulatory affairs services
Our regulatory affairs services include:
- Assisting in contact with the Norwegian Medicines Agency (NoMA)
- Providing guidance according to national procedures and requirements
- Preparing documentation for common technical document (CTD)
- Translating summary of product characteristics (SPC), patient information leaflet (PIL), labelling and other relevant documents related to marketing authorisation
- Readability testing of package leaflet
- Assistance regarding submission of variation to NoMA
- Preparing and updating product information in the Norwegian Pharmaceutical Product Compendium (Felleskatalogen™)
- Ensuring health and public marketing information is provided according to Norwegian law
Quality assurance of pharmaceutical ingredients
MERICON has experience within quality assurance in connection with manufacturing of pharmaceutical ingredients according to GMP.
Personalised services for clinical studies
The clinical product development process has become a complex orchestration of individual researchers, commercial sponsors, technology providers, regulatory agencies and patient consumers. Successful outcomes are largely dependent on how people and organisations work together.
We offer a personalised service from a small team, adaptable to client requirements and with a focus on quality and scientific standards meeting the international and national requirements.
Clinical research services
Our clinical research services include:
- Product development planning
- Protocol design
- Preparation for regulatory authority and ethics committee notifications
- Case report form (CRF) design
- Report writing
Statistics and data management for clinical trials
We have a solid foundation of knowledge in medical science and statistics, as well as extensive practical experience in clinical studies. Our statistical services include:
- Sample size estimation
- Statistical analysis plan
- Data management
- Statistical analysis
- Statistical report
- Pharmacokinetic calculations