Quanticate would like to invite you to our February networking event to learn more on early decision making in clinical development. Our expert speaker panel will look at the concept of smarter study designs that compress timelines and costs in early clinical development. If you are already planning to attend the Informa Life Sciences Phase I Clinical Trials Conference, our venue is only five minutes away.
Date: 16 February, 6.30pm – 9pm
Venue: the Grosvenor Thistle Hotel, Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1Q 0SJ
- 6.30pm – 7pm: drinks and canapés reception
- Welcome and introduction: Katherine Hutchinson, vice-chair of PSI Board and head of consultancy at Quanticate
- Speaker topic: ‘Moving with purpose through the killing fields’ by Eliot Forster, CEO of Creabilis. Eliot will discuss the ‘death zone’ of phase II clinical development for new medicines. From a biotech perspective, the presentation will examine the challenges of asking the right questions in early clinical trials to match both the needs of the business and give the drug the best chance to succeed. There will be lessons for ‘pharma’ and all of us in our work with contract research organisations at this critical juncture
- Speaker topic: ‘Decision Making with Bayesian techniques and strategies to benefit clinical development’ by Rachel Moate, principal statistician, Quanticate. Rachel will introduce Bayesian methods and show how they can be applied to help clinical development teams design smarter, pragmatic and more informative phase II trials
- Speaker topic: ‘Variability in drug development’ by Keith Williams, founder and director, KW DRUG DEVELOPMENTS. Keith will outline some of the many reasons patients respond differently to drugs including some that need to be considered early in the drug development process
- Questions, closing remarks
- Event closes at 9pm
Following the presentations, you will have the opportunity to discuss with the speakers in an informal setting as well as networking with your clinical colleagues. We look forward to seeing you at this fun and educational networking event.